Call of Duty 5: Prefab
A prefab is like a small map and used mostly for buildings and scripts. When you create a prefab and use it in another map, the changes will pass over. For example if you create a house prefab and use it 5 times in another map. If you make any changes to that house, all 5 uses have that change.
- Right click on the grid to bring up your entity menu.
- Scroll to "misc" then click on "prefab".
- Browse to "map_source/_prefabs" if your not already there.
- Select any prefab from inside this folder. Once opened it will be placed in your map.
Creating a Prefab.
- Select the components you want to include in the prefab.
- Go to "file -> Save selected" and save it in the _prefabs folder.
Or you can:
- Right click on the grid and go to "Prefab -> Save selected as new prefab".
- You can select all by pressing "i" and moving the group to the center of the grid.
Sources: Treyarch's Wiki