Call of Duty 5: Adding Flares
- Make a trigger_multiple and give it a targetname of flare_trigger.
- Place a script_struct and have the trigger target it.
- If you want the flare to be white instead of red, give this script_struct a script_noteworthy of white.
- If you want this flare to delay before firing when its triggered, give it a script_delay equal to the amount of time in seconds that you want it to be delayed.
- If you want this flare to travel at a particular speed, give it a K/V pair of speed equal to the value in "MPH" that you want the flare to move (default is 300).
- Next, place another script_struct where you want the flare to travel to, effectively creating a path for the flare to follow.
- Make the first script_struct target the new script_struct.
- Continue to place as many script_structs that you want for this flare's path, targeting the last to the newest.
==> You can have the trigger target as many script_structs as you want for starting point for flares to launch from.
==> You can have as many triggers doing this in the level as you want.
If you place a flare within 256 units of its trigger, any players in that radius will be "flashbanged" and shellshocked for 4 to 6 seconds.
Sources: Treyarch's Wiki