Call of Duty 7: Mods Unranked Servers
From COD Modding & Mapping Wiki
This tutorial will explain how to upload and run a mod on your Unranked BlackOps Server - Tutorial by @Azumikkel
The first and obvious step of this tutorial is for you to Obtain a mod!
- Extract the files to any folder. (We'll call this folder your /PXRN/ folder, just for laughs.)
- The mod should likely consist of an archive with a folder named mp_ModName. (If so, skip to step 3).
- If not, there should be either loose .iwd/.ff/.gsc files or a /maps/ folder. (Otherwise it's a crappy release, mildly said.)
- If there are loose .gsc files and/or a /maps/, /sounds/, or images folder, select them (ctrl+click) and follow the Developer Tutorial from step 2 to step 4.
- Now make a folder and name it mp_ModName.
Upload mod file to FTP
- Navigate to your FTP's root (main) folder.
- Make a folder called /players/
- Inside that, make a folder called /mods/
- Inside that, make a folder called /mp_ModName/
- using notepad create a file called config_mp.cfg
- Inside this file type in:
seta sv_hostname "My Server"
- Save the file
- Inside /players/mods/mp_ModName/, put the file config_mp.cfg you just created
- No need to change it, it won't affect anything, as long as it's there.
On GameServers CP
- Log onto my.gameservers.com
- Go into CONFIG
- Choose 'commandline.txt' from the dropdown menu. Click 'Update'.
- Mod: mp_ModName
- Config File: config_mp
- Click 'SAVE CHANGES'
- Go into INFO
- You should see this:
Mod FTP: ftp://username:pass[at]bomods.gameservers.com [Re-Sync] [View Files]
- Click Re-Sync and wait 3-5 minutes!
Restarting the server
- Click 'Restart server'
- Wait for it to come back up (approx. 30 seconds)
- You can now play the mod and configure your server with the "Call of Duty Black Ops - Remote Console" tool on Steam