Call of Duty 4: Arches
From COD Modding & Mapping Wiki
By One Richard
Step 1 (Structure)
- First you do is to determine the place you are going to locate the arch.
In this case I will do it between these two columns.
- Create a brush that will represent the total size of it.
- With the brush selected, go to Patch > Primitive > End Cap, this will convert th brush in to a curved patch.
- Usually it needs to be rotated and scaled to fit in its place.
- When done, just go to Patch > Cap.
- In the small options windows that pops up just check Inverted Endcap.
- The basic structure of the arch is done.
Step 2 (Texturing)
- When applying textures to this arch you may notice that some of them just doesnt look correct or simply looks a bit trange.
- When this happen, just select all the strange looking faces, and press ¨S¨ for the Surface Editor and click Lmap.
- Also maybe you will need to select some faces individually to rotate or correct the direction of the texture.
- As a final touch I added a block on top of the arch to complete the structure and now is ready to use.