Call of Duty: Tom Xmodel Utils
From COD Modding & Mapping Wiki
- Select Folder Works on XP
- Select Folder GUI updated.
- If you have a search present in the xmodel list and you change games the search is carried over.
- All non color maps are now force exported as TGA.
- You still have the option to export DDS or TGA for color maps.
- Bones render has been updated to be more neat (bones will accuire more advanced options soon).
- Slider cntrl for GUI updated design.
- XMODEL_EXPORT now has the same name as LOD to match GDT (was model name before)
- GDT image paths now have corrected Paths and names to reflect TGA / DDS
- If GDT Fails to write due to file permissions, it will attempt to write it in the Models's folder next to the Maya file.
- Frame Code Updated
- Frame supports Themes (ability to edit and create themes in next release)
- Maximise should take the correct size now.
- Double Click Top bar will toggle Maximise
- .MEL writer had a typo which could cause a crash.
- Program is no longer dependant on OpenAL.dll to start.
- If OpenAL.dll is not found there will just be no sound.
- IWD image mover can now be manually activated via the misc settings menu.
- Xmodel Log / Xmodel Properties now have close buttons on bottom bar.
- xmodel Properties now shows vert and face count.
- Program now loads normal and spec maps for rendering.
- You can disble loading of non color maps in the new shader settings menu.
- Created shader system that allows for unlimated amounts of shaders to be used to render the model.
- This update comes with one shader, a number of more complex shaders will be added in the next few days.
- New Camera System Fixed, no longer destortes model.
- Frame Code bug fixed
- Custom Frame is drawn before window is shown
- New Splash screen (loads faster + looks win)
- Xmodel Scale can now be set to any value between 0-999
- Listboxs & inputboxes now have updated sub menu styles to match treeview & jumpboxes.
- Added fully custom frame drawing code.
- Added Support for exporting as XMODEL_EXPORT.
- Can Export images as either TGA or DDS
- DDS export code will now report missing mipmaps / try to fix.
- Listbox reports progress while loading Xmodel List.
- minor thread sync bug fix
- Create tray icon defualt value changed to true
- Updated scroll bar code (list scrolls faster when shorter)
- When dragging scroll bar 3d view won't take input
- Add option to place all tag files in one folder (turned on by defualt)
- If you cancel folder dialog for export/gdt folder will no longer set path to local.
- Holding shift doubles zoom/move speeds
- Added 'close' button to settings menu
- Added bubble msg for screenshot
- Xmodel load timeout increased to 20 seconds
- Added bounding box Feature
- Central locator
- Hotkey added to move camera automaticly to fit model in view aera
- Search will move to top of list automaticly
- Hotkeys Can be customised
- Along with a few other behind the scene updates / fixes.
- 3D View
- Uses all toms own OpenGL Libraries / engine
- Full logging (with error filtering based on importance)
- Multithread - 4 main threads (render, main loader, utility, misc background loaders)
- Auto recover (if xmodel loader has critical error will recover while running = no restart of app)
- Fps is reduced when program dose not have focus to reduce cpu load.
- Joint preview in 3D view
- 100% identical joint binds to original file
- Exports IWI's to dds in export folder
- Exports Ma / OBJ / xmodel_export
- Xmodel properties (col LODs, materials, view distances)
- View tags (.html)
- GDT creator for use with asset_manger
- Saves all settings
- Tray icon with useful options
- Bubble msg (displays export info / copy paste data)
- Progress bar
- 3D Lighting
- Very Fast ! (much faster than asset viewer)
- Resize is as easy as dragging the window
- Supports Cod4, Cod5, Cod BO
- FastFile Scanner (export from fastfiles)
- xmodel properties can also be viewed in child windows
- Loading screen while GUI assets are loaded (not visable on my pc, but slower pc's may take a second or 2)
- Uses toms own Zip libary wrapper for zlib to provide built in support for moving images from the IWD directly
- plus more to come ...
- Latest version is 0.98